Rocky Garza is a Dallas-based public speaker, who focuses on helping people figure out who they are through his ‘identity mapping‘ process. In this episode of Fitness & Finance, Rocky talks about how to interact and connect with other people, how to discover your uniqueness and why this is important to a more fulfilling life.
- What was Rocky Garza‘s upbringing like?
- Rocky learned that he was really good at disclosure but not good at vulnerability.
- Rocky has pursued many career paths, including a wedding photographer.
- What is Rocky‘s process of ‘identity mapping?‘
- Was Rocky more of an introvert or an extrovert while he was traveling a lot when he was a kid?
- How do we detach ourselves from our personal biases about our past?
- How do the ‘truths‘ others tell Rocky about him and the ‘truths‘ he tells himself about himself apply to Rocky now?
- How can we build connections with people a lot faster?
- Don‘t ask a question if you don‘t want the answer.
- Everyone wants to be unique, affirmed for that uniqueness, and to know we can use our uniqueness for goodness in this world.
- How can you go about figuring out your uniqueness?
- How can identifiers about ourselves improve our lives?
- Being a great observer makes you better in your work life.
Rocky Garza is a public speaker who spends ⅓ of his time doing workshops and keynote speeches at conferences or for companies, ⅓ on a process he calls ‘identity mapping,‘ and the last ⅓ on general consulting.
- The two types of stories running alongside each other are the stories that have been told to us about us and the stories we tell ourselves about ourselves.
“Whatever happens to us between the ages of 6-12 is what we do to survive. When I say survive I don‘t mean life or death, unless that‘s a part of our story. Whatever we do to get by is a pretty good accurate description of how we operate as an adult.” –Rocky Garza
- “Everybody deserves to be known and I want to help give you the language and processes required in order for you to see yourself in the way the rest of us see you.” –Rocky Garza
- Schedule a time to talk with Erik.
- Find Erik on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Find Rocky Garza on Linkedin, Instagram, Facebook & YouTube