Erik talks about the psychological aspects of our plate size and thoughts about gathering with family during the holidays and eating.
- When using a smaller plate in wanting to go back to get more food we have to decide if we want to go back and get more food
- The second time around we do not get as much food because we want seconds of the food we want more of.
- When we meet with family the common thing is food.
- We want to make the best choices when it comes to our health because we have to mindful of what we are eating and drinking.
“Use a smaller plate… people will feel like they are overeating when they go back multiple times.” –Erik Smith
- “It forces us to get up and out of our seat… it forces us to get up again.” –Erik Smith