Phyllis Frempong from Nurse to Fitness and co-founder of Fit 4 the Soul talks to your host Erik Smith about her journey to fitness, why she became a vegan, and how to feel like the best version of yourself.
- Phyllis‘ family is from Ghana and graduating high school, going to college and getting a good job was like your trophy.
- She is the oldest of two and there was a high amount of pressure on her.
- Phyllis went into nursing and moved away and stayed in that area for the majority of school.
- She found out that she had high cholesterol and uterine fibroids.
- Phyllis‘ love of fitness started when she was able to release energy and stress.
- Phyllis dropped weight and ended up on stage only months later.
- Lack of confidence and self-doubt stemmed from her childhood.
- What fibroids are and how they affect you.
- Why Phyllis is a vegan and how that helps with her fibroids.
- How Phyllis‘ lifestyle contributes to her health.
- Many women don‘t have any symptoms with fibroids and some have severe symptoms.
- How Phyllis‘ energy levels have changed since becoming vegan.
- If you‘re looking to become vegan set up a budget for supplementation and make a plan.
- Why you may want to cut out soy.
- Why Phyllis decided to be a fitness coach.
- How Phyllis‘ parents feel about the path she has taken in life.
- Why sharing your story makes you feel like the best version of yourself.
3 KEY POINTS:
Don‘t settle on bad advice, get a second opinion and do your own research.
Self-awareness plays a key role in knowing there is more to life.
- Keep getting better and be your best self.
“My love for fitness started when I was able to release that bed of energy on stage.“ –Phyllis
“One thing about me, if it‘s not anything else, I was driven.“ –Phyllis
“If you give your body what it needs it will heal itself.“ –Phyllis
- Schedule a time to talk with Erik
- Find Erik on Instagram and Facebook
- Connect with Phyllis on Instagram – @nurse2fitness or @fit4thesoul2019