In this episode of Fitness & Finance, Travis Chappell, Founder and Host of Build Your Network, Super Connector and Real Estate Investor, talks to your host, Erik Smith, about how he went from being athletic, to gaining a lot of extra weight and rebounding back with fitness. Travis also talks about growing up in a tight-knit Christian community and building his Build Your Network brand.
- Travis Chappell discusses his upbringing and early career moves.
- How were Travis‘ life changes being responded to by family and his peers?
- Travis describes his discovery process of figuring out who he was becoming as a man.
- Why did Travis go the door-to-door sales route?
- How was fitness factoring into Travis Chappell‘s lifestyle?
- What was the moment like when Travis realized he had gained a lot of weight?
- What pushed Travis Chappell towards personal development?
- How did Travis move into podcasting?
- Money is the ultimate accountability partner.
- What was it like trying to get guests on his show in the early days?
- Travis talks about weight gain while his wife has been pregnant.
- How has having his son affected his life?
- What other advice does Travis have for listeners to take away?
It is often necessary to have time alone to find clarity without outside influences.
Drinking a half-gallon to a gallon of quality water was the first step when getting back into physical health.
“That time alone by myself without outside influences I think was really necessary for me to be able to come to a conclusion by myself to say that this isn‘t something for me and this is something for me.” –Travis Chappell
- “You are the sum of everything that has been told and taught to you since you were 1, 2, 3-years-old.” –Travis Chappell
- Schedule a time to talk with Erik.
- Find Erik on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Travis Chappell on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin
- Travis Chappell‘s Website – TravisChappell.com
- Build Your Network Live