In the second part of a 3-part episode, Sofia Shah (CEO, Dynasty Leadership) talks to your host Erik Smith about managing stress and her health while growing her business.
- Sofia and her husband decided they wanted to build something for themselves instead of putting all of their energy and effort into the vision of a CEO they would never meet.
- Your mindset and expectations going into something are going to determine the outcome, especially the understanding that you will struggle and have to do things you are bad at and what you dislike in order to reach success.
- The idea of health is generic and means different things to different people.
- While building her business, Sofia was being healthy to the best of her ability, but it was difficult to prioritize or focus on, and she felt the effects of it.
- Her health was most affected by the stress of starting her business, and she didn‘t know how to deal with it.
- She responded by jumping into a lot of fitness bootcamps, but by overdoing it she only made herself more run down and eventually had to learn to let herself recover.
- Sofia‘s rock bottom was where she was having difficulty functioning due to stress and exhaustion, even developing an ovarian cyst, so she decided to focus on listening to her body beginning with cutting out caffeine.
If you don‘t accept and expect the negatives of being an entrepreneur, you won‘t have the correct mindset for success.
Be wary of overcompensating because that can worsen health problems.
“That struggle is necessary for life and to have perspective because you can‘t feel the good without feeling the bad.“ –Sofia Shah
- “I‘m going to do things to push the limits of my body and mind, and that‘s how I live.” –Sofia Shah
- Schedule a time to talk with Erik.
- Find Erik on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter