Won Dolegowski is the owner of DexaFit, a bikini competitor, and a health and nutrition coach. Won has left the comfort and stability of her career as a pharmacist to pursue her true passion in health and wellness. At the age of 45, she did her first bikini bodybuilding show. Won talks to your host Erik Smith about.
- How Won‘s move from Michigan to New York inspired her to delve into fitness and inspired her passion.
- Jane Fonda‘s fitness workouts helped inspire her to love fitness at an early age.
- At the age of 44 Won hired an online coach to help with nutrition and exercise.
- Won totally transformed her body and was in the best shape of her life – her husband encouraged her to compete.
- After a successful first year competing she discovered that it was something she truly loved doing.
- How Won found a higher purpose for her Triathalon training.
- Won‘s journey with scoliosis and fused vertebrae in her fitness and competition training.
- Why Won made the decision to move from OT to a pharmacy.
- All of the skills Won acquired have allowed her to be successful in her current work.
- Won is passionate about health and fitness because it allows you to have control over your health.
- What the Dexa scan and Fit 3D measure, how they‘re used in studies, and how doctors use them.
- Dexa scan separates bone from soft tissue and breaks down body composition.
- Fit 3D takes more of an external measure to show body shape changes over time.
- Why the Vo2 Max test is also important and what it checks.
- How Won incorporates all the tools and DexaFit to create a comprehensive fitness program.
- You can improve your Vo2 Max, but usually, you do that by improving your cardiovascular fitness.
- How Won educates clients and puts them on specific plans to meet their goals.
- If you want to make a change there will have to be some sacrifice – you have to plan ahead.
- Be aware of what you‘re eating and track your food.
- When you weigh your food and track it, it‘s an educational process.
- Eventually, you should not have to track your food and you can eat intuitively.
- Tracking your food is key as a competitor.
- It‘s important to not associate food with emotions such as guilt, have when you like and then get back on track.
- What “the greatest wealth is health” means to Won and her mission.
3 KEY POINTS:
It‘s never too late to start your fitness journey.
Focusing on health and fitness gives you a level of control over your health.
The slower you go the more sustainable and long-lasting the effects.
“When you don‘t have information it will take you longer to meet your fitness goals.” –Won
“A lot of health issues that people like to treat with a pill can be prevented with health and fitness.” –Won
“You might think that you need to be training harder, but you‘re actually overtraining.“ –Won
“Prioritizing nutrition is a huge component of the success of your fitness program.” –Won
- Schedule a time to talk with Erik
- Find Erik on Instagram and Facebook
- Find Won on Instagram
- For more information on Won‘s coaching, visit www.wondolegowski.com